Tuesday, April 12, 2011

An Update, Part III - Lots o' cooking

3. Lots o' cooking. Living with David is like living with my own personal chef, and it is fantastic. Though I cook good food from time to time, David has a talent for the gourmet that my meatloaf just can't compare to. Over the last few months, he has made some amazing dishes, which I complemented with dessert.

At Amanda and Paul's, David made us homemade ravioli with a homemade roasted tomato sauce. It was delicious. Amanda took meticulous notes so that she too can make her own ravioli, so maybe I will have this meal again when I visit???

I have to brag (again - I posted about these last year too) about these mini pineapple upside down cakes that I made for dessert at Amanda's. They are the cutest cakes ever, and I am so glad I got this pan for my birthday.

David watched a video of Jacques Pepin where he completely deboned a chicken and stuffed it with a spinach-based filling and baked it. He thought this sounded so yummy that he made it himself. It turned out to be a really impressive meal.

Here is the chicken after it was deboned.

From the wings of the chicken, David made little meat lollipops, which I thought were cute. He seasoned them with Indian spices and rolled them in couscous.

These are two of the stuffed chickens waiting to be cooked. David made three chickens in total, which was a crazy amount of food. (We should have had a party!) One was stuffed with spinach, Parmesan cheese, and cream of broccoli soup. Another was stuffed with sage, prosciutto and swiss cheese, and another was stuffed with rosemary, goat cheese, and figs.

The finished product, which turned out to be one of the most amazing meals David has made to date.
The chef! Jane sent him a card for his birthday that contained this paper fireman's hat, so he put it on while cooking. Naked chef he is not (there are red shorts underneath that apron), but he does look good.

I made cupcakes for St. Patrick's Day following this recipe. They were incredibly rich, but also incredibly delicious.

This is what Ipita does while we slave away in the kitchen!

No comments: