Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Chobot Family Vacation


Two weeks ago, David and I joined my parents and sister in Walt Disney World for a week of fun! Here are some picture highlights from our trip:

Some girls dream of their fantasy weddings and what they will wear, but as a child that spent many a summer vacation in Disney World, I always dreamed about the day that I would get to walk around the parks in the wedding Mickey Mouse ears with my husband. Since our first anniversary was only a few weeks prior to the trip, I managed to convince David to wear the groom hat for a day. The above picture was taken in Epcot, in Paris.

Though Pooh is my favorite, I like this picture of David and me with Eeyore, taken during our character breakfast at the Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom.

Me, with Donald in Frontierland.

The five of us at our favorite restaurant, Sanaa (located in the Animal Kingdom Lodge). The food here was really amazing, though I think it was David's favorite because the waitress flirted with him shamelessly!

My sister got a really fantastic mojito drink at Sanaa, and my mom fell in love with it. This was her face when my sister asked for it back.

The best chocolate mousse I have ever had - my dessert when we ate at the steakhouse in Epcot's Canada.

David, with (his favorite) Pluto.

Kermit and Piggy during the Dreams Come True parade

Our dining plan included more snacks than we could ever eat, so at the end of the trip, we raided the Disney bakeries for goodies to take home with us. Here are two cookies I brought with me (they looked significantly better than they tasted).

It was hard to leave all of the fun, excitement, family, and good food! We rae looking forward to the next family trip in the years ahead.

No comments: