Sunday, April 11, 2010

Freaked. Out.

Thesis defense is 5 DAYS AWAY. Currently, I am riding an emotional roller coaster of highs and lows - excitement that I will finally finish my degree is quickly followed by feelings of absolute panic when I think about facing my committee for one more exam. And not just any exam - the most important exam I will ever take. (Not that I am being overly melodramatic or anything.) Luckily, I have a new iPod friend to keep me company during these stressful times. Amanda and Paul gave me a new iPod touch as an early graduation present, and it is SO COOL. I am in love with it - in fact, sometimes I am so lost in my love for it that I almost forget how close my defense date is. So far, I have downloaded the Kindle app, the This American Life app, and The Sims 3 (because nothing is better than controlling fake people's lives when I feel like I do not have control over portions of my own fate).

I also have something absolutely fantastic to look forward to when this is all over - David got me tickets to see Conan O'Brien in Toronto as a graduation gift! The show is the weekend after Penn's commencement ceremonies, on May 22. I am beyond excited. I hope to have visions of Conan doing the string-dance in my head as I fall asleep tonight rather than the crazy (and mostly thesis-related) nightmares haunting me lately. Team Coco forever!

In 5 days this will all be over. In 5 days this will all be over. IN 5 DAYS THIS WILL ALL BE OVER. How surreal, strange, and weird. And kind of awesome. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

The Fearless Fowler said...

You are so close to being finished, and that is so exciting! I am very proud of you and am praying you're able to defend your thesis deftly and compellingly. Wish I could be there to cheer you on!

jane said...

Good luck! I know you will be great and we will be thinking about you!