Sunday, October 26, 2008

Baby, you can drive my car...


David and I bought a car yesterday! Goodbye 1995 Saturn SC2...hello 2009 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE. David's car had seen better days a long time ago, and I am so happy that he will be driving in something much nicer (and safer) now. He seems to really enjoy driving it too! It has a ridiculous engine, and an intimidating amount of power. I think I will stick to driving my Cavalier, but I will say that I feel like a Bond girl when David gets behind the wheel of this car and I am in the passenger seat. (I gave full disclosure of being a total dork by titling my blog "The Dorkface Diaries.")

It still hasn't completely sunk in that we own this car. This is a GROWN UP car! My student lifestyle often leads me to conclude that I am still not a full-fledged adult yet, but more and more I am realizing that being a PhD candidate is not a "get out of getting older free" card. In fact, time does not stop just because my thesis sometimes feels as if it is frozen in time! And thank goodness! Even with all of the new responsibilities that I am discovering along the way, being an adult can sometimes be really, really fun.

At the top of my to-do list: buy sunglasses.

No comments: